Economics and statistics applied to the public sector
This 2nd year master level program offered by the Faculty of Economics at the University of Rennes 1 aims to train professionals specialized in the economic and statistical analysis of local and national public policies. The qualification creates an international network of professional and academic expertise and offers a joint degree in four partner universities (Fribourg, Tampere, Piemonte Orientale, Brno, Turin). The program also welcomes students from Shandong University, Universitas Indonesia, and Masaryk University. The host research center for the master is a CNRS unit, the CREM (Center for Research in Economics and Management).
| University of Fribourg
Performance in Academic Ranking of World Universities
- Shangai Ranking: the University of Rennes 1 is ranked among the 401-500 best universities in the world.
- Top Universities: the University of Rennes 1 is ranked among the 501- 550 best universities in the world.
- Ideas: based on a 10-year computation, the CREM belongs to the 6% of top laboratories in economics.
- Ideas: the CREM is ranked 44 worldwide for “collective decision-making”.
A training with international career opportunities
Teaching is given in English. The system aims at providing both academic and cultural experience.
The master’s degree training program has been designed to develop several competences:
- Ability to produce and supervise economic and statistical studies in the field of public policies;
- Ability to manage and promote economic information;
- Knowledge of tools for public evaluation (hedonic price method, travel costs, contingent evaluation, data envelopment, difference-in-differences, multicriteria approaches, etc.);
- Competence in statistics and econometrics (statistical inference, panel data econometrics, principal component analysis);
- Knowledge of survey techniques (size of a representative sample, sampling procedures, questionnaire methodology)
- Knowledge of one additional language. The lectures are taught in English;
- Knowledge of the econometric softwares R cran and Stata, the geographic software MapInfo and the survey software Sphinx.
Testimonies from past students
- Dadan Kardiana, (Sept. 2012 – Sept 2013)
- Sowwam Muhamad, (Sept. 2010 – June 2011)
- Quentin Frere, (Sept. 2008 – June 2009)
- Luca Fumarco, (Sept. 2007 – June 2008)